We’re going to say it – the Euy S4 Moped Style E-Bike looks incredibly cool. It is probably one of the coolest-looking e-bikes on the market. However, as you probably know, looks aren’t everything in life. This e-bike may look great, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that what is under the hood is great. It doesn’t mean that the e-bike is for you. That’s why we are here. Our job is to give you a Euy S4 e-bike review. Hopefully, not only will you learn whether this bike is good, but also whether this bike is going to meet your riding needs.
Read Also: EUY F7 Folding Electric Bike Review
Euy S4 Moped Style E-Bike: Specifications
Let’s start with the specs of the Euy S4. Don’t worry if you don’t know what some of these things mean (e-bikes can be complicated!). We’re going to elaborate on a lot of it in the next few sections.
- Motor: 1000W Rear Hub Motor
- Battery: 48V, 25Ah Battery
- Suspension: Full Suspension
- Bike Frame: High-Carbon Steel Frame
- Tire: 20×4.0 CST Fat Tire
- Twist throttle
- Pedal Assist: 0-5
- Maximum Speed: 28mph
- Range: 40-44 miles with throttle, 70 to 75 with pedal assist.
- Brakes: Front and Rear 180mm Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Gears: 7-speed Shimano Gears
- Smart LCD Display: Displays Speed, Battery Level, Pedal Assist Settings, and More.
- Max payload: 400lbs
Euy S4 Moped Style E-Bike: The Key Features
We understand that these specs may not mean a lot to some of you. That’s OK. Buying an e-bike for the first time can be incredibly hard. So, we figured that we would take some time in this Euy S4 Moped-Style E-Bike review to give you the lowdown on how the e-bike performs. This is all the result of extensive testing, not just from us but from countless other people who have purchased this rather superb e-bike.
Euy advertises the S4 as an e-bike that can accomplish pretty much anything that you throw at it. They claim that it makes a fantastic commuter bike, a tremendous bike for exploring the city, and a great bike for heading off-road and experiencing nature. This did leave us with the fear that the Euy S4 may end up being a jack of all trades, but master of none. While we can’t say that this e-bike can accomplish everything as well as e-bikes designed for specific jobs, we can say that the Euy S4 does perform admirably in most cases. So, it is a great option for those who are looking for a general-purpose e-bike.
The area that the Euy S4 surprised us the most was off-roading. Part of the reason for this is that the Euy S4 does look like your typical commuter bike. Sure, it has thicker tires which lend themselves to off-roading incredibly well. However, the frame is on the thicker side of things, and it is a rather chunky bike. But, we must say that the Euy S4 was able to stand up to the perils of off-roading incredibly well. It was able to tackle rough terrain. It was able to leap over hills, and it was easy to control. While it probably isn’t going to be the perfect e-bike for those who only ever do off-roading, it is great for those that may be weekend off-roaders who also need a commuter bike.
This e-bike really did feel fantastic on the roads, though. It zipped along nicely. It was easily able to traverse some of the steepest hills on our route (there was no slow down on 20–30-degree hills, which is a testament to the power of the Euy S4’s motor). Although, it is on the chunkier side for storing at work or at home. But, we suppose that if you have the space already, this part shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
No matter where you are riding, you will love how smooth the suspension on the e-bike is. It boasts full suspension, which can level out the toughest of trails and the bumpiest of roads. We rode this over some rough terrain, and we barely felt a bump (We understand not everybody is a fan of that).
All in all – if you’re looking for an e-bike that can do a lot of things well but doesn’t really excel at one thing (as it is a general-purpose e-bike), then the Euy S4 may be for you.
Power and Speed
When it comes to raw power, the Euy S4 can pack a real punch. It is loaded with a quality 1000W brushless motor. This motor has enough power in it to ensure that you can climb hills, head off-road, and travel at a rapid pace without it so much as faltering. Considering the lower price of the Euy S4 in comparison to other e-bike models, this surprised us. No. The motor isn’t from a named brand (costs must be cut somewhere), but it is still fantastic.
This e-bike can hit a whopping 28mph. This is the maximum legal limit for US e-bikes before you start needing a license. This is fast. You already knew that part, though. You will also be in awe at how quickly it can speed up. It takes under 2 seconds to hit 15mph. This means that this e-bike may be perfect for those rides with a lot of stopping and starting, or if you are slowing down a lot to traverse obstacles. So, it is equally good for commuting as it is for off-roading. Do bear in mind that the constant stopping and starting does have an impact on battery life.
As we said in the previous section – the Euy S4 is fantastic for hill traversal. We’ve noticed that some e-bikes slow down as soon as there is a bit of a gradient, which is annoying where we live due to all the steep roads. However, if the road gradient is below 30 degrees, you’ll rarely see a slowdown from the Euy S4’s motor. Even above that, the power loss is incredibly minor, and something you would normally expect from an e-bike anyway.
The Euy S4 has a twist-throttle, for those that want to go fast without bothering to pedal. It works, and the bike moves with ease when you are using it. However, most cyclists will probably want to use the pedal assist mode (5 different settings, plus pedal assist off). With pedal assist mode, you’ll get more range from your bike, and you’ll be having a bit of a workout too. The pedal assist mode on the Euy S4 works exceedingly well. You can really feel the power coming from the motor, and even with light pedaling, it doesn’t take long to build up speed.
All in all – you get a lot of power here. No. The motor probably isn’t the best in the world, but it can’t really be beaten at this price point.
Battery Life & Range
The Euy S4 is kitted out with a 48V, 25Ah Lithium-Ion battery. It doesn’t seem to be a branded battery, but we’ve had no issues with it.
The Euy S4 offers an estimated range of 40-44 miles in throttle mode, and 70 to 75 miles in pedal assist. However do bear in mind that these are in ‘ideal conditions’, which you are rarely going to meet. We would probably take 5-10 miles off of these ranges to give you a better idea of how far the bike can travel on a single charge (maybe 10-15 if you’re off-road). But, even then, the bike has a fantastic range. It has enough in it to get most people into work, and it should give you a few hours on the trails.
Our major issue with the Euy S4 is the charge time of the battery. It is 9 to 10 hours. This is possibly because it has a cheaper battery than most other e-bikes (they have charge times of 5-6 hours). For most people, a charge time this hefty shouldn’t be a problem. You can put the battery on charge while you’re sleeping. However, if your commute to work is on the upper end of the battery range, you may not be able to get enough charge into the battery before you leave to go home. You can still pedal the bike when the battery has drained, but why would you want to do that when you have bought an e-bike?
So, the range on the Euy S4 is fantastic for most people, but it may not be great for those with longer commutes.
Comfort & Ergonomics
As soon as you sit on the Euy S4, you will notice that it is incredibly comfortable. It has a highly padded seat, which shows us that it has been designed for commuters. Sit on this for an hour or two, and you will feel like your rear end is in heaven.
We do feel as if the padded seat will have a few issues off-roading or for the longer rides, though. Not just because the padded seat is likely to be torn to shreds on the most epic trails. It is because the wider seats are more prone to causing chafing, and if you want to pedal, they can slow you down drastically. Some people may also find that they lose a small amount of control with the wider, thicker seats. Again, not a problem for commutes, but can hamper some of the more epic off-road rides.
The Euy S4 has a flat bar handlebar, which is great for comfort on the more leisurely rides, and you should be able to get into a good position for climbing hills. However, a flat handlebar like this favors an upright position, which isn’t great for aerodynamics, and a lot of people loathe this position when cycling longer distances. Again, not an issue for your daily commute.
The one issue that we do have is that this bike doesn’t seem to be great for anybody over 6’ in height. Despite what the bike manufacturer says, anybody over 6’ who has ridden this bike has claimed that the seat doesn’t go up far enough. So, if you’re on the taller side of things, this may not necessarily be the most comfortable bike in the road for you.
All in all, the Euy S4 is going to be comfortable for commutes, and some light off-roading. But, if you favor more control over the e-bike when off-roading, or you plan on cycling longer distances (especially with some pedal assist), then the very padded seat may hamper things a bit for you.
Euy S4 Moped Style E-Bike: Pros & Cons
- Works well in most situations.
- Can hit 28 mph.
- Fast speed recovery after slowdown.
- Responsive brakes
- Comfortable, padded seat.
- The battery takes a while to charge.
- Padded seat not ideal for everybody.
- Unbranded motor. May be tough to get spare parts in the future.
- Not great for taller people.
- 【1000W Regular Output Power】With a powerful 1000W motor equipped with a wide range 7-speed transmission, This adult electric bike allows you to pedal 100% manually OR use the 5 Pedal Assist levels for a”boosted”ride(up to 32mph).82Nm of torque offers strong climbing power.Overcoming steep slopes is a breeze, thanks to its powerful motor. This results in a reliable and efficient output, requiring minimal maintenance.
- 【25AH Removable Battery】- Equipped with 48V 25ah waterproof Li-Ion battery, Electric bike is able to achieve 35-50 miles in pure electric mode and 50-80 miles in pedal assist mode (PAS mode). (The calculation based on rider’s weight of 75kg. Range varies according to road condition, weather, rider’s weight etc). Your mountain adventures and daily commutes will become wilder and more cost-effective.
- 【High Safety】： EUY e bike for adults electric adopts lockable and adjustable an ultralight magnesium alloy front suspension hydraulic downhill fork, which greatly reduces unnecessary bumps during riding, provides a much smoother riding experience and avoids injury and rollover. In rainy weather, heavy off-road, long downhill and adverse conditions, provides more effective braking with dual, front and rear hydraulic disc brakes.It is safer to stop the power supply after braking.
- 【Smooth Riding Experience】 The EUY electric bicycle adopts dual effective shock absorber technology. At the front of the ebikes is a suspended hydraulic front fork system. Sides of the rear wheel are equipped with high hardness spring shock absorbers. Ingenious design greatly weakens the reaction of force. You could experience the best ride during using our EUY electric mountain bike.
- 【Three Riding Modes】Ebike & Pedal Assist bike & Regular bicycle. With five available levels of pedal assist up to and including 100% powered with twist throttle, fun and relaxable. Booster mode is a plus for the adult electric bicycle especially in rough road or uphill. Smart LCD display with a charging port keeps showing real-time speed, battery bar, mileage, knowing your every e-bike ride.
Euy S4 Moped Style E-Bike: Is It For You?
If you’re looking for a budget e-bike that can accomplish most things to a decent level, then it may be worth checking out the Euy S4 moped. It can do a little bit of everything, including commuting and off-roading. So, it is a good e-bike for those who want to dabble in everything but don’t necessarily want to do it to a high level. If you are planning to do mostly off-roading, then you may want to look elsewhere. The e-bike is good, but not that great for that. However, if you’re only looking to commute to and from work (and you don’t care about pedaling comfort), then the Euy S4 is perfect. It is certainly an e-bike we’ll be using for a long time to come.