VELOWAVE is a company that has been rapidly gaining popularity in the cycling industry over the last few years. The brand is based in Hong Kong and was created by cyclists for cyclists.
The founders wanted to come up with a way to bring all members of the family together on a cycling trip. This means that they would have to ensure that everyone could enjoy the ride (even the elderly). Though the creator of the brand immediately fell in love with the idea of e-bikes, he found that a lot of them were way too pricey. And there aren’t that many families out there who would be able to afford them.
Naturally, the future founders of VELOWAVE decided to fill in the gap and started designing high-quality yet affordable e-bikes. The price/quality ratio is, perhaps, the main reason why thousands of cycling enthusiasts started turning their heads toward VELOWAVE.
Today, we will have a closer look at one of the company’s bestsellers, the VELOWAVE Ranger with a 750W brushless rear motor, so that by the time you get to the end of this review, you’ll have a clear idea of whether or not this e-bike is the right fit for your lifestyle.
Is VELOWAVE Ranger 2.0 for You?
Overall, the company caters to those who value performance, style, and quality. VELOWAVE has a relatively large e-bike selection, and the Ranger is the brand’s flagship model.
It is designed for riders who are between 5’6’’ and 6’2’’, and is great for both cruising on pavement and conquering the dirt.
This model might not be the right choice for those who are planning on using their e-bike only to drive around the city as you simply won’t need the fat tires that are among the components that make the bike quite hefty.
Just like any other electric bicycle designed by VELOWAVE, the Ranger is very affordable. E-bikes with the same features and made out of the same high-quality materials would typically cost a few hundred, if not a whole thousand, dollars more.
The 750W electric bike can become a great choice for both beginners and experienced cycling enthusiasts as it’s easy to assemble, ride, and maneuver.
What We Like About VELOWAVE Ranger 2.0
The first thing that the buyer would notice is the amazing design of the e-bike. The Ranger is simply stunning – the frame is sleek and the paint job is incredible, so be prepared to receive plenty of compliments.
Thankfully, VELOWAVE 750W is not the kind of e-bike that looks great but doesn’t deliver on the roads. With the Ranger, you will fall in love with long bike rides all over again. The bike features a hydraulic suspension fork that absorbs shocks and bumps when riding on rocky roads. It is also equipped with hydraulic disc brakes that contribute to amazing stopping power.
The motor peaks at about 1275W, and it does a spectacular job of helping you fight strong headwinds and climb steep hills.
To be honest, this might be the only e-bike that offers that many fantastic features at such a reasonable price point.
What We Don’t Like About VELOWAVE Ranger 2.0
This model is not suitable for riders under 5’6’’. It is also quite large and heavy (the beauty weighs 74.6 lbs.). So, it might not be the best choice for those looking for a lightweight e-bike that they could easily store in their closet.
Other than that, finding ‘cons’ in VELOWAVE 750W was quite difficult. There are only a few minor issues that some drivers might have to deal with.
Simply bear in mind that the Ranger has a large 52-tooth chainring which might make it difficult to climb steep hills for certain individuals. The e-bike’s screen is a bit small and it displays only bare-bones information. Furthermore, you might experience a 1-, 2-second delay before the assist kicks in or shuts off.
But, frankly speaking, these might not be the disadvantages that the majority of people would consider when shopping for an e-bike.
Pros & Cons
- The e-bike is easy to assemble
- It has one of the most beautiful designs in the industry
- You’ll be able to enjoy a super smooth ride
- The bike is incredibly stable
- You can use it on terrain like snow, dirt, firm sand, etc.
- The thumb throttle is a much-appreciated feature that offers quick, short-term assist
- It can get up to 25 mph with motor assist (this is a lot faster than other e-bikes in this category)
- Has a step-thru design which makes it easy to get on and off of
- The bike has extremely effective stopping power
- The price is pretty much unbeatable for the quality that you’ll be getting
- The Ranger is quite large and heavy
- The Kenda tires can be easily punctured
- The e-bike does not use a torque sensor which might result in an on/off pedal assist feel
- The screen is small
- Some might find it difficult to climb steep heels with the large chainring
- The plastic battery-release tab might crack, if you’re not careful
Use 5% Off Code: VELOWAVE
The e-bike comes in a snug package with form-fitted foam, so you wouldn’t have to worry about anything happening to your two-wheeled friend before it gets delivered to you.
It comes with all the tools that you’re going to need to assemble it. Here’s exactly what you’ll be getting in the box:
- An electric bike
- A charger
- A battery
- A headlight
- Spare spokes (2)
- Pedals (2)
- A front and a rear reflector
- A three-way Allen wrench
- Allen wrenches (2)
- A front axle skewer
- Spare screws (2)
- Open-end wrenches (2) and a screwdriver
Additionally, you can get:
- A cable lock
- A back rack and fender kit
- Another 48V/15Ah battery
- Bike bells
- A waterproof storage bag
- A bottle cage
|BAFANG Geared Hub Motor (rated 750W, max torque 80NM)
|Removable 48V/15AH lithium-ion battery with LG cells
|Multifunctional color-screen display
|Step-Thru aluminum 6061 alloy frame
|Kenda 26’’x4.0’’ fat tires
|Hydraulic suspension fork
|Front and rear hydraulic disc brakes
- Wheel size – 26 inches
- Number of speeds – 7
- 3 riding modes – pure electric mode, pedal-assist mode, and classic bike mode
- Max speed – 32+ mph in pedal-assist mode
- Battery range – 30-45 miles on a single charge
- Lights – high-luminance headlight and red reflector at the rear
- Supported weight – up to 350 lbs
- One-year warranty on all electrical components, lifetime technical support, and over 50 repair locations across the United States
- 【Dual Hydraulic Disc Brakes & Hydraulic Suspension】The Ranger Step-Thru electric bike for adults has added hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors to bolster the stopping power and keep riders more in control when needing to come to a stop. The adjustable hydraulic suspension fork effectively absorbs shocks and better controls the front wheel during riding.
- 【750W Brushless Motor with 3 Riding Modes】Compared to a 500W motor, our 750W high-speed brushless rear motor provides strong power and is less prone to damage. Electric bike provides 3 riding modes: Pure electric mode, pedal-assist mode, classic bike mode. With a max speed of up to 32+MPH in pedal-assist mode; 20 MPH by throttle , combined with the Tender 26″x4.0″ all-terrain fat tire, you can conquer all kinds of rough terrain, including snow, beach, rugged mountain roads, etc.
- 【Large Capacity LG Cell Battery】 This ebike is equipped with a high-quality 48V 15AH LG battery uses core technology which covers a range of 35-65 miles on a single charge. The small size and large capacity make it convenient for you as the lockable and removable battery can be brought home or office for charging purposes. The built-in battery design makes the e-bike more waterproof and safer.
- 【RELIABLE SAFETY SYSTEM】 The Step-Thru Aluminum 6061 Alloy Frame makes it easier for everyone to get on and off the ebike. The high-luminance headlight and striking red reflector at the rear provide a safer and more enjoyable environment for night riding.
- 【Stable Frame Structure】 We have thickened the rear triangle frame to greatly improve its compression resistance, with the ability to support up to 350 lbs, making it friendly for most people to ride. The rear rack of this e bike is perfect for carrying heavy loads. The recommended height for the rider is 5.4”-6.3”.
VELOWAVE Ranger 2.0 is the e-bike to go for if you’re willing to experience the ultimate freedom when riding your silver stallion. Thanks to its powerful motor and top-of-the-line suspension fork, the electric bike delivers unbeatable performance during off-road adventures. But it can also be an incredibly smooth ride for exploring the city.
The bike is comfortable and durable, and let’s not forget that it’s simply mesmerizingly beautiful. Even though VELOWAVE’s Ranger is a relatively heavy beast, the chances are high that you’ll be completely satisfied with your purchase.
The cost of the e-bike is the cherry on top of the cake. The manufacturer managed to create a high-quality electric bicycle for a fraction of the usual price. So, in a nutshell, you just can’t go wrong by choosing VELOWAVE Ranger 2.0.